Mettricks will be running one of their popular butchery courses on 24th August. This will be held at our Glossop Victoria street site at our cutting room and abattoir, and will focus on Pork Butchery .
The course will be conducted by Master butchers John or Steven Mettrick who featured in the first series of BBC3’s Kill it ,Cook it, Eat it and will run between 6.30 and 9.30.
The course Includes:
- A tour of our abattoir where the whole slaughter process will be explained.
- A demonstration of splitting a free range pig will be given and an explanation of all the various cuts of meat you can get from a pig for both pork and bacon
- Guests will have the opportunity to cut half a pig into all the constituent cuts
- Guests will be shown how to bone a leg of pork, prepare the shoulder of pork bone and roll a loin of pork.
- Guests will receive a complementary pack of cuts of pork to take home
It will be limited to 6 guests coats aprons and protective equipment will be provided.
Places will be offered on a first come first served basis. These courses are all very much hands on if you are interested please contact John Mettrick at John@mettricksbutchers.com for further details. You can also book the course on our website here
Please note we can tailor make courses to suit any aspect of butchery including poultry, sausage production or pies.
The fee for each course is £120 per person payable in advance.